Friday, February 11, 2011

He Resigns.

Okay, so at first I really wasn't following this story but I started to read up on it after I read the article (link below). I really find it interesting that the President of Egypt resigned after it seemed like he was going to hold on to his spot til the death. But he finally did it and the people were overjoyed, like it one of the pictures I seen, there was a man crying because that's how serious the issue was and one person even said "He's finally off our throats". I'm really glad that the majority got what they wanted and I can't wait to see what's in store for Egypt now (I've heard that we will be impressed by what's to come). 

I think this article is worth reading because it just shows us how passionate some people are about their freedom, rights, and just how they want a say. Sometimes these things are taken for granted but after reading this article you will see how much they are dearly appreciated.

NYT

No comments: